Male Horse Names: 201 Best Stud, Colt, Gelding & Stallion Names
What’s A Male Horse?
Another name for the male horse is a stallion and it sometimes also refer to a male horse not castrated.
You normally use a stallion for breeding purposes.
An exceptional stallion horse may be definitely properly worth a fortune and they will be often a lot of the excellent (great of the great) due to the fact the proprietor has determined to reproduce on them.
They are often having extra muscular and a piece extra aggressive than exclusive horses because of the truth that they will be fully-grown person adult males that haven’t been castrated. The hormones in the stallion should make it more difficult to teach and journey.
They are normally now no longer competitive to human or people, however, but usually competitive and aggressive to exclusive stallions. We shouldn’t neglect about proper right here that horses are flock animals and a stallion will naturally attempt to rule the herd spherical of horses spherical it.
No matter if your Stallion may be a successful racehorse, or simply likes to trot around eating hay and carrots, we’ve some perfect male names for him.
In this list of over 200 names for male horses, you’ll find an ideal moniker for any colt, stud, gelding or stallion you encounter.
Estimates suggest that there are around 60 million horses within the world, so hopefully we’ve found some titles for a couple of them!
We have galloped, canted and trotted to the top of every racecourse to seek out a stable-full of brilliant horse names which will never tire.
Get ready and place your bets on which of those names are going to be your favourite…
Male Horse Names
Scientists believe that the oldest known relative of the horse is an animal called an ‘Eohippus’ which lived approximately 50 million years ago.
Stallions are majestic creatures and that they deserve timeless horse names which can last almost as long as they need been around.
There are quite 300 horse breeds within the world and, hopefully, we have a reputation which may fit all one among them!
Here are some of Our Favorite names
Pet Name Trophy Goes to Applejack
Applejack, why not name your Stallion after a robust apple-flavoured alcoholic drink?
- Aerosmith – an American rock group formed in Boston, Massachusetts
- Alejandro – a Greek word sense defender or helper of mankind
- Atlanta – the capital and most populous city folks state of Georgia
- Aztec – a culture that flourished in Mexico from 1300 to 1521
- Bad News – because Bad News travels fast!
- Bandit – a robber or outlaw typically during a lawless area
- Beowulf – one among the foremost important Old English epic poems
- Bounty – a sum purchased killing or capturing a criminal
- Brutus – the leading person within the assassination of Caesar
- Clyde – Bonnie and Clyde were famous American criminals
- Frankel – British thoroughbred racehorse who was unbeaten in his career
- Mister Ed – a talking horse from an American television sitcom
- hardtack – the highest money-winning racehorse from the 1940s
- Secretariat – the primary American Thoroughbred racehorse to win the Triple Crown
Unique male Names
Stallions are amazing creatures; all seems to be so unique and develops its own personality.
Male horses are often gentle towards humans, but they also look out of every other – during a group of horses,
a minimum of one will stay up while the others sleep to seem out for any danger!
If only humans could always be that sort to every other…
Check out a number of these fantastic male names below:
See some of Our Favorite Names
Pet Name Trophy Goes to Obsidian
a hard, dark glasslike igneous rock formed by lava solidifying making an ideal black colt name.
- Callen – Gaelic meaning powerful in battle
- Constantine – meaning constant and steadfast in Latin
- Eoghan – a Gaelic word for youth
- Jamshid – Muslim name meaning sun’s rays and lightweight
- Karim –this is an Arabic name which means generous or noble
- Ludovic – derives from the French word ‘Louis’, meaning illustrious fighter
- Oskar – German for ‘Oscar’, meaning champion warrior
- Stanislav – a really old first name of Slavic origin
- Vilhelm – Swedish moniker meaning determined protector
- Zakaria – an Arabic title meaning God has remembered
Strong male Names
Horses are domesticated for over 5000 years, which suggests we’ve had an extended time to consider some great colt and horse names for them.
The fastest horse recorded was going at 55 mph, so clearly, they’re very strong and powerful animals.
Colts can walk and even run a couple of hours after being born – is there anything these creatures cannot do!
A Horse’s teeth take up more room in their head than their brain, so whilst they will eat many hays directly, they’ll not be the neatest creatures around.
However, we’ve done the thinking for them and you by arising with this list of strong male names for any colt or stallion alike.
Pet Name Trophy Goes to Knight
Knight, a man who served his sovereign or lord in armour within the Middle Ages
- Cadillac – American carmaker that designs and builds luxury vehicles
- Chivalry – a medieval knightly system of ethical and social code
- Eagle – an outsized bird of prey
- Eldorado – the term employed by the Spanish Empire to explain a myth
- Elusive – meaning difficult to seek out, catch or achieve
- Enigma – something mysterious and difficult to know
- Excalibur – legendary sword of Arthur
Read also: Tiger Names: 170 A-Z Names for A Tiger
- Glory – which means high renown or honour which is won by notable and reputable achievements
- Guinness – a dark Irish dry stout
- Hall & Oates – a pun on the American pop-rock duo
- Hercules – this means and represents a Roman hero and god famous strength and adventures
- Hot to Trot – meaning ready and wanting to go
- Indiana – a US state within the Midwestern region
- Kentucky – a state located within the east south-central region
- Kryptonite – fictional material that appears in Superman stories
- Lancelot – one among the Knights of the Round Table
- Mercury – the littlest and innermost planet within the system
- Nelson – after Nelson from the Battle of Trafalgar
- Neptune – the eighth and farthest planet from the Sun
- Nevada – a state within the Western us
- Odysseus – the legendary hero of Homer’s epic ‘The Odyssey’
- Shamrock – the national emblem of eire
Cool male Names
Did you recognize horses can sleep both standing up and lying down?!
That is a cool trick we wish we could do, maybe once you need to get up on the train, bus or subway – although you’d need to take care to not miss your stop!
Horses are also capable of nearly seeing 360 degrees at just one occasion because their eyes are placed at the side of their head (in fact, they need the most important eyes of any land mammal).
They can do numerous cool things that humans couldn’t even imagine, in order that they definitely deserve a cool name.
Although there are some ways we are alike, horse hooves are made from an equivalent protein that creates human hair and fingernails!
See some of Our Favorite names
Quantum, A superb name for a male horse! Quantum is that the minimum amount of any physical entity involved in an interaction in physics
- Bullseye – the middle of the target in sports
- Colorado – a state of the Western us
- Duke – a member of royalty or nobility
- Lincoln – after Lincoln who served because the 16th president
- Paladin – meaning warrior in French
- Pandemonium – the capital of Hell in John Milton’s Paradise Lost
- Pharaoh – the monarchs of Ancient Egypt
- Phoenix – a long-lived bird in Greek mythology that regenerates
- President Quimby
- Ringmaster – the one that directs a circus performance
- Sahara – the most important hot desert within the world
Read also: Animals without a Brain
- Sheriff – a government official with varying duties
- Texas – the second largest state within the us
- Thor – God of Thunder in Norse mythology
- Titan – the most important moon of Saturn
- Washington – Washington D.C. is that the capital of the us
White male Names
Did you recognize, the primary cloned horse was a Haflinger mare in Italy in 2003.
You definitely got to give your horse an excellent name if there’s the likelihood of cloning, and another horse being called that.
We’re only joking, and it’s unlikely that your horse will ever be cloned, however, we weren’t joking about the importance of an honest name!
One horse breed that’s likely to always be white, or black and white, maybe a ‘zebroid’, which may be a zebra and a donkey bred together.
Zebras also can mate with donkeys and make ‘zonkeys’.
Whilst these may sound like fictional species from a sci-fi movie, there may be a list of names for any white stallion!
Here are some of Our Favorite Names
Pet Name Trophy Goes to the Alps
The Alps, the highest and most extensive range that lies entirely in Europe
- Alaska – the most important state within the us
- Aspen – Aspen Mountain may be a ski area within the western us
- Avalanche – perfect for a white horse
- Bacardi – originally known for the Bacardi white rum
- Buzz – this is a famous character which is from the Toy Story series
- Cinder – a rock almost like pumice which will float on water
- Icicle – a spike of ice formed when dripping water freezes
- Snow Storm
- Steed –this is a horse which used or trained for riding
- Twilight – the amount just before it becomes completely dark
- Verona – a city on the Adige river in Veneto, Italy
- Wrangler – an individual responsible for horses or other livestock
- Yankee – meaning an inhabitant of latest England
Male Horse Names and Meanings
Horses use their eyes, ears and nostrils to precise their mood.
Hopefully, when naming your horse, you’ll see a cheerful expression from them instead of a disapproving one!
Horses even ‘speak’ to at least one another through whinnying and neighing sounds!
The US horse industry has an economic effect of around $40 billion annually, so it’s vital to offer your gelding an honest name with a big meaning.
|Abelard:||a small Colt from the ‘Ranger’s Apprentice’ series|
|Acorn||from the ‘Chaos Walking’ trilogy|
|Alfonso||from the ‘Pippi Longstocking’ series|
|Artax||from ‘The Neverending Story’|
|Azula Blue Stallion||from ‘The Alchemical Horseman’|
|Blackjack||from the ‘Percy Jackson’ series|
|Boxer||from ‘Animal Farm’|
|Capilet||from ‘Twelfth Night’|
|Florian||from ‘Florian, the Emperor’s Horse’|
|Flame||from ‘The Black Stallion’ series|
|Fru-Fru||from ‘Anna Karenina’|
|Gunpowder||from ‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’|
|Joey||from ‘War Horse’|
|Merrylegs||from ‘Black Beauty’|
|Pylon||from the ‘Dark Tower’ series|
You may never know, those male horse names can also additionally are available on hand for the subsequent race you cross to – the winner can be proper right here among these types of titles. If you recognize a person else who’s a horse fanatic like us, then make sure to ship this listing of titles to them. Don’t neglect about to depart us a remark telling us your favoured preference or any we’d have missed!